Foods That Reduce Anxiety Naturally
Many people in everyday life, faced with such a serious problem as constant anxiety, immediately start taking a highly potent medicines (sedatives, stimulants, antidepressants), but not many know that there is a natural remedy that can help in stress situations – various foods that reduce anxiety.
Let’s look at the key recommendations of nutritionists and psychologists related to anti-anxiety nutrition:
Foods That Reduce Anxiety
- First of all, eating should be regular, skipping it should not be allowed. In your diet, a full breakfast enriched with protein must be present. This is necessary to maintain glucose stability.
- For snacks, you must use healthy nutritious foods: nuts (hazelnuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts),
- In general, it is worth giving preference to fish and lean meat,
- Dark chocolate is an effective natural antidepressant. It regulates blood sugar, enhances brain activity and improves sleep quality,
- Natural honey has been used for anti-stress for a long time. It reduces the signs of depression, anxiety and normalizes sleep. In combination with tea & lemon balm, honey is an excellent remedy for insomnia,
- Probiotics helps to improve the skin & digestive system, strengthen the immune system. With their use, metabolism is normalized, respectively, the digestibility of the necessary valuable substances increases. The effect of probiotics on anxiety is still at the research stage. But it has already been proven that their dosed use reduces anxiety in animals.
- Rhodiola rosea can reduce symptoms of general anxiety disorder (GAD). The use of this plant is carried out under the supervision of a specialist. Overdose has a stimulating effect, causes nervousness.
- Coconut water, although it is recognized as an energy drink, but helps to reduce anxiety and eliminate insomnia. At the same time, coconut water is rich in vitamin B, magnesium and potassium. These trace elements help to reduce muscle tone, help them relax. They are also essential for the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- CBD,(Cannabidiol). There is little official data on the benefits of cannabioid. But some experts and patients claim that CBD oil relieves anxiety, symptoms of a depressed state. According to research at Columbia University, CBD has an effect on various parts of the brain and affects serotonin receptors. It is available in the form of products and dietary supplements.
We can see that CBD is one of the most promising calming foods for anxiety. It reduces anxiety, smooths out positive and negative emotional experiences, and has an inhibitory effect on stressful processes. Due to the lack of psychoactive effects, CBD oil is being actively studied by scientists and even used for medical purposes to treat severe forms of childhood epilepsy.